Sanibel Sea School is part of the Sanibel - Captiva Conservation Foundation (SCCF) family. Our mission is to improve the ocean’s future, one person at a time. We look to a world where all people value, understand, and care for the ocean. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage applicants from underrepresented groups in marine and environmental sciences & education.
Our flagship headquarters is located on the east end of Sanibel Island, on the southwest coast of Florida and we have a satellite campus at the Sundial Beach Resort. We also partner with multiple resorts on Sanibel and Captiva and host summer camps on Sanibel and in Ft. Myers.
We offer experiential, educational opportunities for 4-year-olds through adults. Our educational offerings include day classes on Sanibel and Captiva Islands, non-residential summer and winter camps, paddling and outdoor education activities, homeschooling, and educational outreach programs for our local community.
We are a small staff, who are extremely passionate about the ocean and our work; we strive to offer exceptional customer service and education to each of our clients.
Our goal is pretty simple, through exploration and discovery, we want to help children fall in love with the ocean. We believe that ocean love facilitates a deeper dedication to our ocean and its stewardship. We are passionate about our students, the ocean, and exploration. We seek educators who share those passions.
The Marine Science Educator is responsible for assisting with the development and delivery of a marine biology curriculum that supports the mission of Sanibel Sea School.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals executing this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
· Ensure the safety of children and adults in a variety of outdoor and marine environments
· Convey knowledge of marine science and a passion for the natural environment
· Foster an appreciation for marine ecosystems and encourage students to practice good ocean stewardship, leading by example
· Maintain an excellent standard of quality when teaching field programs
· Maintain a working knowledge of marine and local biota as well as significant developments and trends in marine science, coastal ecology, and marine conservation, especially related to Southwest Florida
· Act as an ambassador of Sanibel Sea School, working to promote our programs within the local, regional, and national community
· Assist with the maintenance and upkeep of facilities and equipment
· Provide support for Sanibel Sea School projects as needed
More Information: https://naaee.org/eepro/jobs/marine-science-educator-6
Application Deadline: October 16th, 2020
To Apply use the following link: https://app.trinethire.com/companies/23836-sanibel-captiva-conservati/jobs/29846-marine-science-educator(link is external)