Date: February 5, 2022
Time: 9am - 1pm
Location: Austin Cary Forest, Gainesville
Registration Link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/project-learning-tree-environmental-education-training-registration-214858967957
Project Learning Tree (PLT) is an award-winning international environmental education program that uses trees as a "window to the world." This training will prepare you to lead activities from the Florida Standards correlated PLT's PreK-8 Environmental Education Activity Guide. Click Here to learn more about Project Learning Tree in Florida.
This outside training is for anyone interested in learning how to teach youth about the environment. Community volunteers, scout and camp leaders, undergraduate and graduate students; anyone working with or wanting to work with youth/students are welcome!
- Gain confidence working with youth.
- Discover how to teach youth about environmental issues with a balanced approach.
- Become a certified Project Learning Tree Educator building your resume with new abilities and skills.
- Receive a copy of the PLT PreK-8 Environmental Education Activity Guide containing 96 hands on activities.
- Meet other nonformal and formal educators, share ideas and network.
- Have Fun!
Saturday, February 5, 2022, 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Only $10.00! Thanks to UF School of Forest, Fisheries and Geomatics Sciences
A continental breakfast is included but feel free to bring your own snacks and beverages. Bring a reusable water bottle. Dress for outdoors , and please wear close-toe shoes.
Austin Cary Forest, 10625 NE Waldo Rd, Gainesville FL 32609
It is a 10 minute drive from the entrance of Austin Cary to the Learning Center, please plan your time accordingly.
Have questions about this training or other PLT trainings? Contact Elise Cassie, FL PLT Assistant Coordinator at email@example.com.