Fall Semester 2022 Environmental Education Assistance and Training, Polk County Parks and Natural Resources, at Circle B Bar Reserve and Polk’s Nature Discovery Center
The scope of this work is an instructional contract. Polk’s Nature Discovery Center is looking for an environmental educator that will be conducting environmental education field visits for 3rd-5th grades at Circle B Bar Reserve and Polk’s Nature Discovery Center, during the months of August 2022 – December 2022. Polk County Environmental Lands Program implements educational programs in partnership with Southwest Florida Water Management District. The educational programs will serve a variety of audiences and ages within Polk County. These programs will engage the community in investigating the value of Polk County’s natural resources. Programs for school age children will introduce and review concepts that are a part of the curriculum in the classrooms. The primary purpose of these programs will be to connect complex concepts to meaningful real-life experiences and to help people understand their impact and connection with the environment. This scope will provide the following instructional assistance:
- Implement environmental education programs with a variety of groups including but not limited to school groups, after school programs, families, and community groups.
- Prepare for educational programs, which may include but not limited to making copies of materials, setting up rooms, setting up stations, cleaning and disinfecting supplies, assisting with the creation of virtual content, and anything else needed to prepare for groups.
- Maintain organization of materials and supplies
- Assist with communication with the teachers, parents, and other adults leading the children’s groups.
- Conduct Pre and Post Test evaluations of each group.
- Represent the County and District with providing sound science information on water resource and natural resources of Polk County.
- Assist with staff and/or teacher training workshops as needed during this time frame.
Provide instructional assistance minimum of 4 days not exceeding 5 days per week, within the fall semester programming period which starting as soon as possible and ends December 23, 2022. A new contract period would be January 2023 – May 2023.
Typical Hours for Instructional Assistance: 8:30 am – 2:30 pm, 6 hours per day (may be flexible for the right candidates)
For more information contact Eric Eversole 863-668-4673 or email firstname.lastname@example.org