Organization: Orange County Parks and Recreation
Assists in the planning and operation of recreational activities sponsored by the Orange County Parks and Recreation Division. This is specialized work involving the planning and organizing of recreational activities and programs for youth, senior citizens and adults utilizing Orange County Parks and Recreation facilities.
Requires two years of post secondary education and two years of experience in the Parks and Recreation field; or high school diploma or equivalent and four years of experience in the Parks and Recreation field. Additional years of post secondary education may be substituted for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
Must be able to work nights and weekends.
Must obtain and maintain CPR and First Aid Certification within six months from date-of hire.
Possess and maintain a valid Florida Driver’s license.
- Development of eco-education curriculum for ages 5-17
- Lead and assist with eco-education classes for groups up to 30 participants
- Work with educators to cater class curriculum to specific class needs
- Lead/assist with public Eco-education programs for children and adults
- Feed and care for multiple Preserve Animals (tortoises, turtles, fish, rabbit, snakes, small alligators)
- Maintenance and daily cleaning of animal habitats
Customer service and team work
- Provide exception customer service to all internal and external customers
- Assist with office management, including rentals, answering inquiries and returning messages
- Work with team members to coordinate facility operations, animal care, and customer assistance
Record keeping and communication
Maintain detail logs/reports pertinent to animal care and facility operations
- Work with team members to ensure exceptional facility standards
- Trail maintenance experience is a plus
How to Apply: