Preschool Teacher Aide
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, June 25, 2021, 5:00pm
Monarch Learning Academy
Monarch Learning Academy's Nature Preschool is a Christ Centered school looking for a candidate who is enthusiastic and passionate about the natural world and supporting a nature-based emergent program that promotes whole-child development for children ages 2-3 years old. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to assisting the 2-Year Old Lead Teacher planning and carrying out a daily program that is designed to meet the physical and developmental needs of children, help support and apply nature-based learning techniques in the classroom and outdoor learning space, be able to support and be supervised by the lead teacher, facilitate supportive relationships with owners, director, co-workers, parents, and students.
- Successful completion or enrolled in DCF 40 hours of childcare training.
- Demostrates enthusiasm, professionalism, strong work ethic, reliability, ability to maintain cooperative relationships with co-workers, and easily maintain busy classroom environments.
- Provide support to the lead teacher in implementing age and developmentally appropriate program and curriculum in all areas of whole child development including spiritual needs of children.
- Maintain and observe daily cleanliness, appearance, safety of play equipment and toys, decor, arrangement of the learning environment in the classroom and outdoor learning space.
- Ensure the safety of each child enrolled in the class, in the outdoor learning space, and common areas.
- Consistently able to supervise children within the required DCF student to teacher ratio alone without supervision or support.
- Consistently able to supervise children outside in temperatures ranging from 40-90 degrees Fahrenheit, and exposure to rain, wind, heat, and sun.
- Consistently able to observe and respond to a child's needs, conflicts, and/or emergencies in the classroom, outdoor learning space, and common areas.
- Consistently able to lift children up to 30 pounds from the floor to waist height to change diapers, etc.
- Consistently able to respond and reach a child within 30 seconds.
- Able to stand on feet for multiple hours a day and strategically position one-self in areas of the classroom and outdoor learning space to maintain constant view of children.
- Able to respond to a child's first aid needs that include bruises, blood/bodily fluids, cuts, scrapes, and head injuries.
RELATIONSHIPS AND INTERACTIONS WITH CHILDREN:
- Encourage development in areas of self-confidence, problem solving, social skills, independence, and responsibility.
- Treat each child with respect and dignity no matter what the child's cutlural background may be.
- Be a role model for children in speech and language, attitude, kindness, gentleness, and respect.
- Interact with children daily through the required curriculum including circle time, instructional time, snack, centers, lunchtime, nature school and recess.
How to Apply:
Please email Murray Christiansen at firstname.lastname@example.org(link sends e-mail) with a resume and a 2-3 paragraph summary of your interest in this position.